The October Love With Food theme is “Scary Delicious”. Love with Food suggests enjoying your treats this month as you keep an eye out for trick-or-treaters and other ghosts and goblins that may appear!
Here what I got:
I ordered a Tasting box, which has 8 different snacks:
1. Always organic ( they seem healthy but not all of them are organic)
2. All natural( any brand can put “all natural” on the label, so I don’t really trust this phrase)
3. GMO- free ( not sure about this either, only if it says on the box)
4. Gluten-free ( it depends on the product)
Here is the list of my box:
1. Chocolate Pizzelle Crisps from Silk City Snacks.
These are light and crispy italian waffle cookies, all under 100 calories.
These are not organic, not gluten free and probably GMOs because contain canola oil.
They taste ok and my daughter liked them but I am not buying them by myself.
2. Glee Gum, Triple Berry from Verve INc.
Glee Gum uses brown rice and cane sugar to coat their free treat.
This gum is definitely better than any others, but besides rice syrup and cane sugar, they also use glucose instead of sugar. Three kinds of sugar in one gum?
3. New World Caveman cookies by Caveman Bakery.
These cookies are made with mix of pumpkin seeds and maple syrup.
I mentioned them before and they really taste good. Great healthy treat.
4. Organic Hard Candies from Torie &Howard.
These candies are made with luscious and all natural fruit flavors.
Unfortunately, I am not a big fan of candies, and I couldn’t find the list ingredients for them, but they tasted a little too sweet to me.
5. Kind Bars from Kind Snacks.
I am not a fan of Kind Bars, because they use glucose and soy lecithin in them, so it’s better to stick to something more natural, or make your own nut and dried fruit bars.
6. Toasted Coconut Chips from Dang.
These are crunchy, lightly salty, and sweet coconut chips.
It’s a great alternative to a healthy snack. Everybody loves them.
7. Happy Squeeze from Happy Family.
Everybody knows about these fruit and veggie pouches. They seem ok, and works great on the go.
This was the first time my daughter actually ate it, because she didn’t like it before. Did she ask for me? No!!!!
8. Pixo Pearls from Vinaigerie Gingras.
These are apple cider vinegar pearls, used as a dressing or spices for your foods.
I didn’t try it yet.
There were also a few coupons for the products which were in the box, but I didn’t have a chance to use them yet.
Overall, I liked the goodies that I got, I even can say my family enjoyed them more than me. It was a nice foodie box, but I am still concidering if I should order it again.
Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this post, I paid for this box and all opinions are my own.