We have the special tradition in Ukraine. We usually celebrate Angel Day.
Angel Day is the day of your name. Every name has its own day celebration. It means your Angel is always behind your back and protect you all the time.
My daughter’s Angel Day was 2 days ago and I decided to make a little treat for her.
Strawberries are still her favorite berries, and they don’t taste as good as the ones in June, but I found some organic strawberries at the grocery store and made this delicious raw nut-free, dairy-free cheesecake.
The cheesecake turned out very delicious, and this way we celebrated our little family tradition.
Raw Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake.
- 10 dates, soaked until soft
- 1 1/2 cups dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened
1. Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until well combined.
2. Pat firmly into the form.
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups diced strawberries
- Chocolate Ganache (1 tablespoon of coconut oil mixed with one teaspoon of raw cocoa)
1. Place shredded coconut, coconut water, coconut oil, coconut syrup and vanilla in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. ( I used Vitamix)
2. By hand, stir in the strawberries.
3. Pour filling over crust, top with optional coconut and ganache. Chill for 6-8 hours or overnight.
4. Keep it in the refrigerator.