It’s all about chocolate again.
Last week it was the other day when we craved for chocolate and I was looking for something healthy and delicious to make. It’s getting cold outside, sometimes it even feels like winter and my body starts asking for more sweets. I wish I could eat them as much as I want and still stay fit and slim. Unfortunately, it is not the story of my body, and to stay in a shape as I am now, I should be careful with every single piece of sweets in my life.
Recently I start using coconut flour in my recipes more often and it actually tastes really good.
Today’s recipe is gluten, dairy, sugar and wheat free.
I just used Maple Syrup instead of honey.
Both honey and pure maple syrup have advantages and disadvantages. If you seek minerals and lower fructose, maple syrup is a good choice; for those who want the vitamin boost and no fat, honey is your best bet.
Raspberry and Coconut Chocolate Torte.
• 1 cup frozen rasberries
• 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
• 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
• 5 organic eggs
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 300F and grease or line a cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a small saucepan on low heat, melt together the extra virgin coconut oil, and maple syrup . Set aside to cool.
3. Add the raspberries to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, including the coconut oil and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the batter in to the prepared cake tin, then bake in the oven for 30-50 minutes.
5. Leave to cool, before inverting on to a plate.
6. Serve with coconut or vanilla ice-cream.
You can find the original recipe here.