Summer is coming to the end. Actually, two days ago was the first day of the fall and it means we are getting closer to winter. Every year I realize again and again that my favorite season is the fall. I love the bright yellow colors outside, apple pie smell in the house, leaves under your feet, warm chamomile tea…. This part of the year always brings the warm feelings to my heart and makes me feel cozy and safe.
Anyway, the fall is outside, but I still try to keep summer in my kitchen. I got fresh raspberries at the farmers market two days ago, and decided to make some berry chocolate dessert for my family.
This recipe is great because it’s gluten, grain and dairy free.
Sugar? You just need a little stevia or 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, honey etc.
It took me 20 minutes to make it. What can sound better?
Raw Raspberries Brownies.
- ¾ C raw almonds
- 1 C Medjool dates
- ¼ C unsweetened cocoa powder(raw cacao for a 100% raw treat)
- pinch sea salt
- dash pure vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Topping:
- 1 C fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup. I personally used 15 drops of Stevia.
- 1½ tbsp chia seeds
- Prepare a loaf pan by lining with plastic wrap, or wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor process the almonds until finely ground and no large pieces remain.
- Pour the nuts out into a bowl and process the dates until they are completely broken up and no large pieces remain. If processed long enough of the dates will turn into the “dough”.
- Break the “dough” up with a knife or spoon and sprinkle the nuts back into the food processor along with the cocoa powder, salt and vanilla. Process just until completely combined, stop the food processor and pinch a small amount of the mixture together with your fingers, if it holds together it’s done. And if not just process slightly longer.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and press down evenly.
- In a bowl slightly mash the raspberries and stir together with the honey(or other sweetener) and chia seeds. Pour over top the brownies, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To remove the brownies simply pull the paper or plastic wrap to lift the brownies out. Slice and enjoy.