Every day I enjoy the presence of my daughter in my life. I am so happy to be a mom to this precious girl, and I try to be a fun, clever and good mom for her.
Last week I found the new project to make Sophia’s cooking games more fun-felt food making.
I like this project, because you can make it by yourself.
It’s easy to be creative with felt food stuff and most of the time you use natural materials for it.
I made a trip to Michael’s and got everything we needed.
1. Different colors of felt.( I got the eco-fi felt, made with a high polyester fiber made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles). Sounds great to me.
Cost: 0.33 cents for a sheet.
2. Non toxic felt glue. Cost: 4.95$
3. Poly-fil. 100% polyster fiber fill. Cost: 5.00$
4. Different colors glass/seed beads. Cost: 2.99$
5. Needles and thread.( I had these, so I didn’t need to buy them).
Don’t forget to use Michael’s weekly coupons. They always have some deals.
The next step was to decide what to make. We have some felt food from IKEA, but Sophia already got bored of it.
I searched some blogs and Pinterest and found some ideas and tutorials.
Here are some links to it:
1. Felt cupcake. It was easy to make. I made it first and it turned out very cute. My parents were watching us on Skype and could not believe the cupcake is not real. It means I did a good job.
I also made some strawberries with it. They work great when we play “Strawberries picking game”.
2. Felt banana. It’s not a tutorial, just a review of the book with the pictures of it. I made this banana from the pictures. It is very easy.
3.Macaroons. These are my favorite pieces of felt food. I love real macaroons, and enjoyed making them. You can pick any colors for them, and make your own flavors( pistachio, blueberries, grape)
4. Christmas cookies. I did not really follow the tutorial, because they’re easy to make. The cookies look very real.
I am planning to make more food: pizza, fruits, desserts for our dolls’ tea parties.
Here are some more tutorial for making your own felt food:
These toys are easy to wash, they are safe to use and your child will enjoy playing with them for years to come.